During the election for the Chief Executive of Hong Kong in March 2007, over 100 Election Committee members from various professional sectors joined hands to advocate a faster pace for democracy. Many of these EC members, together with like-minded professionals, decided afterwards to build on this foundation. This decision reflects the vision of many professionals to build an agent for change and an agent for good governance.
We are an independent, membership-based, non-profit organisation open to all professionals who share the same values. We adopt a network-based governance model and operate under the principles of openness and equality. Members can freely initiate and participate in task groups in pursuit of our mission. Organisational matters are handled by three committees elected from among the members: the Strategy Committee, Management Committee and Communications Committee.
We are committed to improving the quality of public governance and empowering the community in the policy-making process. We shall accomplish this by harnessing the soft power of responsible professionalism. This is our mission statement:
- To achieve equal & universal suffrage;
- To monitor Government through professional analysis;
- To engage with the community in developing public policies;
- To express professional views in the pursuit of public interest; and
- To uphold core values of professional independence, freedom and integrity.
- A network-based governance model with minimal hierarchy to facilitate dynamic flow of ideas;
- A star-shaped structure of small-sized committees and task groups, each taking up clearly delineated functions;
- An emphasis on web-based exchange of ideas, minimising the need for frequent meetings or complicated coordination.
Our Strategy Committee
Chairman: Charles Peter MOK
Vice-Chairmen: Kenneth Kai Cheong LEUNG, Victor Chi Kin WAI
Treasurer: George CAUTHERLEY
Members of Strategy Committee: Robin Sarah BRADBEER, Francis Po Kiu FONG. Lian Shan HON, Christine Chi Yin HUNG, Dennis Wing Hang KWOK, Wing Chun KWOK, Albert Kwong Tak LAI, Yuet LEE, Siu Cheong LEUNG, Alan Ka Lun LUNG, Stanley Wing Fai NG, Paul Chi Wai WONG, Frankie Man Ying YAN, Kevin Keen Fung YAM
Completed Activities (2010)
|Seminar and Forum||18|
|Research and Submission||20|